Getting Married in Our Church
Booking the wedding
We suggest you ring Rev. Martin Goodwin on 0437 498 949. Martin will take the details and pass them on to our office secretary who will write, setting out fees and other information you may need, and requesting a deposit to confirm the booking.
About 4 or 5 months before your wedding you are advised to make an appointment with the minister to begin preparations.
Note we’re not available for weddings on Sundays.
Couples planning to marry in our church are strongly encouraged to sign up for a “Life Together 1 – Entering a Relationship” course with Interrelate. Interrelate is one of Australia’s leading counselling, mediation and training organizations and their “Life Together 1” course helps couples to:
- better understand each other in the light of their different family backgrounds
- decide on the kind of relationship and family they want
- learn simple ways to communicate about important things
- discover the difference between anger and conflict, and learn new ways to use conflict creatively
- get important information about their sexual relationship and talk about this as a couple.
With effect from 1 July 2017 the whole package including minister, organist, verger, flowers and donation for the church comes to a flat fee of $1500, including $500 deposit.